The people in charge of sales are the ones responsible for keeping the life and blood of a company flowing. Without their knowledge and expertise, a company would not be able to survive. For many companies, those tasked with outside sales have the most crucial roles in a company’s ability to sell services and products.
Recruiting for Outside Sales
Recruiting people for outside sales is not like looking for people to fill other sales positions. Outside sales require a different set of skills. They actually serve as the face of the business out there in the market and their interpersonal communication skills are very crucial.
Proper communication is also important in inside sales, but the reps there have the whole organization backing them up. An outside sales person has no one to back him up. He is expected to provide all the answers on the spot and satisfy a client’s concerns.
We know of how different outside sales is and we keep that in mind when we are looking for outside sales people. We always look for the following traits in our potential recruits:
• Autonomy- They should be able to operate on their own without having to depend on the business structure.
• Passion- Outside sales reps should be passionate about what they are doing. They should believe in it because that is the most effective way that they can be motivated.
• Strong Interpersonal Skills- We have talked about the need for interpersonal skills. While all sales people should have it, outside sales people are even more dependent on it to get the job done.
• Ability to Close Deals- An outside sales rep isa one-man team. He cannot depend on other reps to close the deal for him.
• Persistence- Your sales reps should always be ready to move and try. They cannot take ‘no’ for an answer.
• Professional- While sales reps should be persistent in their dealings with potential clients, they should always be professional at all times. Anything bad that they do will have an impact on the company that they represent.
These are the qualities that we look for in people that we recruit for outside sales. Our strategy has worked because we have helped businesses in building successful outside sales teams that have contributed to the success of their company.
Don’t miss out on the chance of benefiting from the services of a professional sales recruiter like us. We can save you a great deal of time, trouble, and money in the long run. Instead of creating your sales team from scratch by hiring inexperienced people and training them, let us help you out with getting the best people out there who can make a success out of your business.